3. Freaking out when they make mistakes
Mistakes are part of life – we all make them. You may feel you need to rescue your children from making mistakes or help them avoid making mistakes. This does not help them – it cripples them for life.
Instead of freaking out when your children make a mistake, teach them how to make amends and be accountable for their actions. This promotes a healthy view of mistakes and allows your children to feel good about who they are.
Many parents do not realize these three parenting responses diminish their children’s self-esteem. If some of these ideas are new to you – take heart because reading and learning shows you are interested in improving as a parent and doing the best you can.
Other Posts You Might Like
- 46 YEAR OLD BANKER POSTS THIS AFTER WIFE CHEATED ON HIM
- THIS ADORABLE 3 YEAR OLD DELIVERS THE BEST MOTIVATIONAL SPEECH OF ALL-TIME
- 15 GREATEST WAYS TO ATTRACT YOUR DREAMS
- STEVE HARVEY: WHY YOU’LL NEVER BE HAPPY
- 4 SECRETS NAVY SEALS USE TO CONQUER FEAR
- 7 COMMON FRUSTRATIONS THAT ALWAYS HOLD YOU BACK
Image 1 source
Image 2 source
Image 3 source
Image 4 source